Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dear Poppy: Week 11 Update


How far along?
11 Weeks and 2 Days

Size of the little darling?
A lime! About 2"which seems so small (obviously), but it's still unbelievable to think that a little person, with hands and feet, is inside of me!



Maternity Clothes?
I luckily had a few pairs of jeans that were too big for me, so I am wearing those, along with maternity dress pants, a skirt and a dress...lots of leggings (I need to get some maternity ones) and tights!

Weight Gain?
I have actually lost a few pounds since finding out I was pregnant due to not drinking anymore! I know that will change soon!

Stretch Marks?
Nope...just bought some cocoa butter, though!

Gender?
We keep saying "she" but we don't know yet and won't know for another 5 - 9 weeks (depending on when we can get a sonogram)

Movement?
I haven't felt anything, but we saw s/he move at our first ultrasound!

Sleep?
I have no problem falling asleep, but always wake up in the middle of the night and am awake for about an hour. I get tired throughout the day, but nothing like how I was during weeks 4-6. I usually go to bed around 10 and get up around 7. I have heard from other mommies-to-be that they sleep a LOT more, so I am thankful that I can make it through the day without having to take a nap!

Food Cravings?
Nothing weird, just a lot of carbs. I cannot do chicken, Asian or anything else out of the norm. I am loving pizza, cheeseburgers and grilled cheese!

What I Miss?
An occasional glass of wine at dinner or beer during football games. I was the only sober one at my birthday party, which was fine, but still different for me!

Symptoms?
Nauseous! I have only gotten sick a few times, but get nauseous really easily when I am hungry, so I always keep some pretzels or saltines handy. Ginger ale has also been my BFF. 

Best Moment of the Week?
Our first ultrasound! It was a-MA-zing to see our little person on the screen...and we got our first gift for Poppy: a baby blanket for my birthday! 


No comments: